the blog

welcome to 

I'm an adventurous introvert from Vancouver, Washington who lives on sleep + "me time." I'm a lover of lifting weights, dinosaurs, real talk and traveling with my husband. I am here to help you move better, lift more, bust the myths of the fitness industry, and inspire you to love the process.

hey beautiful. i see you.

The name's Annie.

fitness

travel

fitPrENeuR

PERSONAL

mindset

podcast

sign me up!

quick question

Want free KNOWLEDGE BOMBS + blog updates & first dibs on promos?

join the fam

fam

creep the categories

programs

join BUILT BY ANNIE

join us

most popular

nutrition

other

Mindset, Uncategorized

May 14, 2018

Perspective [quit now if you can’t think like this]

Why you should quit now if you don't have this perspective

Perspective is a VERY powerful thing. It literally shapes the way you view a scenario, process it and act on it.

Today I plan to help you thrive by getting you to think long term. A long term perspective is quite possibly the most grounding practice for remaining steadfast in life and training.

Listen, I get it. Your rough patches are real, they have happened, and are going to happen. Great, I want you to face it, own it and get the frick over it sister.

I listened to a Mind Muscle Project podcast episode once and those Australian stallions hit the nail on the head. Your mindset is EVERYTHING.

The 80/20 rule

I need you to expect to fail, to have a bad week, even a bad month. You have got to expect and prepare for the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, life and training are doable. They might be a grind, but nothing is fully de-railing you. The other 20% of the time guess what?…Shit hits the fan. Sometimes it splatters everywhere. Maybe it even gets in your mouth…I know, graphic, but it paints the picture…no pun intended.

It is vital that you expect this 20% because if you have this perspective, it WON’T derail you when it happens. You’ll take it with a grain of salt and know that the other 80% is to come. You don’t need to quit. Perhaps you need to take a week off of training, or scale back, but quitting all together? Hell no. That will ensure that your 20% is expanded to 30+ percent.

Don’t shy away from committing to something just because you’re scared you’ll need to quit at some point. Don’t fear the “what-ifs.” CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE and embrace that the what-ifs might happen.

What’s the worst that can happen?

For real though. If you can learn to ask this question often, you’ll start to realize that the worst case scenario really isn’t that bad. You’ll start to realize that you have the ability to work through + come back from some pretty trying situations. This is especially doable if you have a long term perspective. If your go to action step is to quit every time something is going exactly how you’d like it to, you’re a literal failure waiting to happen. #toughlove.

Your training isn’t always going to feel good, you might get injured, you aren’t always going to get the results you were expecting, your coach might say something that sets you off.  Are you just going to throw your hands up and peace out? I certainly hope not. My tribe doesn’t quit. And you’re my tribe right? If not, you can join here.

Here’s where the freedom of a long term perspective comes into play. You have options. Options that don’t include quitting. You get to work through that 20% – the injury, the disappointing week or month, the lack of results, the emotional let down. Because when those times come, you were expecting it at some point. You knew it wasn’t all going to be butterflies and rainbows. You knew a storm was coming.

Be steadfast in your training my friend. With a long term perspective you’re one step ahead when the shit hits the fan. And the 20% carries less weight.

Get rid of a short term training perspective. You’ll thank me when you’re thriving, less stressed, and more grounded.

Much love.

I hope you found this inspiring in the least. If you’re diggin’ it, You’ll also love these:

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sign me up!

quick question

Want free KNOWLEDGE BOMBS + blog updates & first dibs on promos?

join the fam

fam

You will hear from us shortly :)

thanks!

I'm an adventurous introvert from Vancouver, Washington who lives on sleep + "me time." I'm a lover of lifting weights, dinosaurs, real talk and traveling with my husband. I am here to help you move better, lift more, bust the myths of the fitness industry, and inspire you to love the process.

hey beautiful. i see you.

explore

The name's Annie.

fitness

nutrition

mindset

PERSONAL

ENTREPrENeuR

travel

podcast

**THE LINKS BELOW MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS

SKIN CARE

PROTEIN

pre workout

brands I love

vital proteins

SILVER FERN

Fre skin care

favorites

mobility

mobility method

women's health

body awareness project

code: fdba 15% off

online TRAINERS

use True coach

learn as you train without having to figure it out for yourself.

fitness

join BUILT BY ANNIE

Most Popular

basic. plus. premium

view programs

not sure? find your fit below